Sunday June 4th, 2023
Download SceneNow app

Death by iPhone

A Chinese woman has reportedly died after being electrocuted by her iPhone 5.

Staff Writer

While the world is gearing up for Apple's latest round of annual releases, the tech giants have just been thrown a curve ball. Last weekend in China, sister of alleged electric-shock victim took to the Chinese version of Twitter to announce that Ma Ailun was in fact killed by her iPhone 5. Apparently, she was using it while it was plugged into the charger. While there have always been concerns about using devices while they are directly connected to the mains, the family of the deceased are urging Apple to apologise and to warn others. Though fake Apple products are rife in China, Ma Ailun's sister has confirmed that this was not the case and that the phone was in fact still under warranty.