Monday 5 of December, 2022
Download SceneNow app
Copied

Sharm El Sheikh to Build Its First Solar Power Plant

Called the ‘Albatros Royal Moderna’ plant, the solar power plant will be designed and implemented by Egypt’s SolarSol Energy.

Cairo Scene

Ahead of the COP27 United Nations Climate Change Conference later this year, Sharm El Sheikh is building its first solar power plant as part of its green transformation in light of the occasion.


Called the ‘Albatros Royal Moderna’ plant, the solar power plant will be designed and implemented by Egypt’s SolarSol Energy. The plant's capacity will reach one megawatt, with an annual production of 2000 megawatt hours, or two million kilowatt hours annually, all of which will be used to power the resorts of the coastal South Sinai city.


The station will consist of about 2500 solar panels with a surface area of 5200 flat metres on 10,000 flat metres. 40% of the station will be connected to a two megabyte transformer, and the other 60% to a four megabyte transformer on low voltage through solar inverters.