If you have ever lived in North America, then chances are your childhood was filled with delicious and addictive Rice Krispies squares. This treat is a classic, and upon heading to an Egyptian koshk I was inspired to try to give a twist to this crunchy treat. Sadly, Egypt’s beloved Borio wasn’t available at the time; however, I did find some Oreos and decided to make a batch of delicious white chocolate-covered Oreo Rice Krispies Pyramids. Enjoy!
- Coat a serving dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, pour 3 cups of Rice Krispie or Temmy’s Cereal.
- Chop and mash Oreos by putting them in a ziplock bag to reduce the mess. Make sure the smashed pieces are of a variety of sizes and not crushed into a powder.
- Add Oreos to Rice Krispy cereal.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and 3 cups of marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together, but before it begins browning.
- Pour cereal and Oreos into pan mixing and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
- As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
- Let sit until completely cooled.
- [Optional] cut into pyramids for the ancient Egypt effect.
- [Optional] For an extra dose of decadence add 50g of butter to 200g white chocolate in a heat proof bowl and melt over a pan of steaming water. Once melted add 100ml of cream and stir until reaching a silky smooth consistency. Then drizzle over your delicious creation.
- [Not Optional] If you decide to give this a try please Instagram the results to #koshkkreations.
Produced by @MO4Network's #MO4Productions.