#KoshkKreations: Oreo Rice Krispies Pyramids
Feeling hungry again, Bob Kanady heads to the koshk for a new #koshkkreations. Sadly, they were out of Borio, but Oreos could work in lifting a classic snack into an ancient inspired delicious treat.
If you have ever lived in North America, then chances are your childhood was filled with delicious and addictive Rice Krispies squares. This treat is a classic, and upon heading to an Egyptian koshk I was inspired to try to give a twist to this crunchy treat. Sadly, Egypt’s beloved Borio wasn’t available at the time; however, I did find some Oreos and decided to make a batch of delicious white chocolate-covered Oreo Rice Krispies Pyramids. Enjoy!
- Coat a serving dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, pour 3 cups of Rice Krispie or Temmy’s Cereal.
- Chop and mash Oreos by putting them in a ziplock bag to reduce the mess. Make sure the smashed pieces are of a variety of sizes and not crushed into a powder.
- Add Oreos to Rice Krispy cereal.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter and 3 cups of marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together, but before it begins browning.
- Pour cereal and Oreos into pan mixing and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
- As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed.
- Let sit until completely cooled.
- [Optional] cut into pyramids for the ancient Egypt effect.
- [Optional] For an extra dose of decadence add 50g of butter to 200g white chocolate in a heat proof bowl and melt over a pan of steaming water. Once melted add 100ml of cream and stir until reaching a silky smooth consistency. Then drizzle over your delicious creation.
- [Not Optional] If you decide to give this a try please Instagram the results to #koshkkreations.
Produced by @MO4Network's #MO4Productions.