8 Uniquely Egyptian Ways to Cool Down in the Heatwave
While a cool drink or an indulgent ice cream are enough for most, this 40+ degree weather requires some Egyptian ingeniousness...
When summer comes to mind, we almost always focus on Sahel, days lounging on the beach and Instagrammable iced drinks. But hot weather can be ugly sometimes too. We’re talking about the real dog days of summer, when intense heat and humidity make it impossible to sit comfortably, have a conversation without making a resting bitch face the entire time, smoking in the balcony, sleeping through the night and more. After extensive research, we here at CairoScene have found lifehacks to keep you cool in this Mordor weather.
1) Follow the guy with the ice-cream cart.
Always follow him. Never leave him. Never.
2) Hang out at the supermarket's frozen section.
"Let it go, let it go..." NO ELSA WE ARE NOT LETTING IT THE FUCK GO!!!
3) Swim (or balbat) in a public fountain.
That little kid at Azhar Park knows what's up.
4) Ice skating at Genena Mall.
And reenact Blades of Glory while you're at it.
5) Stick your head inside a taxi's window for AC.
Where is Midan Mickey Mouse? What? It doesn't exist? No, but I'm sure. Wait, what about Yugioh street?
6) Jump in the Nile.
7) Trigger the fire sprinklers.
Pretend you're freaked out obviously so no one knows you did it. Good job, Cady.
8) Stand at an air-conditioned entrance.
LOLJK, don't just stand, live there. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? NO ONE IS ENTERING THIS PLACE ANYMORE!
- Previous Article VIDEO: Thugs Torture Defenseless Calf on Cairo Street
- Next Article 10 Strictly Egyptian Moustaches That Will Inspire You This Movember